Tuesday, March 24, 2009

what's going on with us...

The past month has been one of many questions for Ben and I.. he was "let go" from his marketing job and has been doing some soul searching since. After long talks, prayer, and advice from family and friends Ben has decided to go to nursing school!! I've joked with him since we met that he should have gone into the medical field.. his dads a doctor, his moms a RN, sisters a RN, I'm a RN, my moms a RN, and his late grandmother was a RN.. Never did I actually think he would take me seriously.. No surprise to anyone the economy is not in the best shape, especially for "marketing/business" marjors. If all goes as planned, Ben will start school in July and finish in December 11' He will have a six month break where he'll be able to work and gain experience the end of next year.. He's already shown so much drive and motivation!! He has to take the NET (nurse entrance exam) and retake the ACT (it's been over 10 years) He has been studying non stop for both, I'm so proud!! The higher he gets the more chance for grant money we get.. I've never been more proud of him than I have the past couple of weeks.. this situation has really tested our faith, but it's amazing what happens when you "let go, and let God"
Please keep us in your prayers!!

No comments: