Monday, February 8, 2010

Free time

Being snowed in gives you a lot of free time... I started off the day by backpacking my way to my sisters house (no 4WD @ the Mizell house & I could use the exercise,) watching a movie, playing outside with Avery, (re)organizing Ben's office, doing laundry, checking my "sites" (facebook, blogs, etc.) & now about to head off to bed.. I find myself searching through blogs when I have free time.. I'm pretty sure I fit under the category, "blog stalker." That sounds so bad but I admit, I thoroughly enjoy reading about other families. Tonight I stumbled across a family that has lost three children from three different diseases... their story hit so very close to home with one of her babies having anencephaly. A friend said to her...

"picture the Lord asking me if I was willing to accept a new trial for his glory. Was I willing to hurt in order to draw eyes and hearts toward Jesus? Was I willing to do God's work and suffer because he needed me to? When I looked at it that way, it gave me great strength. Rather than feeling like a weak and hurting mommy, I began to feel like an honored soldier; somebody willing to suffer for the better good."

My feelings exactly!!

I wouldn't wish losing a child, whether it be @ 20 weeks gestation or 60 years of age on my worst enemy... the initial and lifelong pain is indescribable.. but for that I am a stronger woman!!

March 9 is right around the corner, oh how I long to be anxiously awaiting the arrival of our baby girl, Weslee. It hurts very much, especially on days like today. (BUT) I am so humbled by other stories & families who have gone through such loss. We will see our babies/loved ones again one day...

Amen.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to comment when I saw that you consider yourself a blog stalker...because I fit into the same category. I've been reading your blog for awhile...meaning way before you were even pregnant with Weslee Faith. I graduated from high school with Wes.

I read that family's blog tonight also and I cannot imagine their heartache. I also cannot imagine the heartache that your family has experienced over the loss of your sweet baby girl! I have been praying for ya'll since I saw the blog post...she was a beauty!

Rebekah said...

Don't feel bad about being a blog stalker....we all do it! The quote about going through trials to make Jesus known is amazing. Although it is not a new concept, I have never thought of it that way. It gives me such a different perspective. You are amazing. I still think of you and pray for you guys.

Mitzi said...

Sarah,
I wanted to let you know that I must be a "blog stalker" too! I have been reading your blog for some time...we lived down the street from Amber & Brad in Springdale. I think about you often and wish you the best for 2010! Mitzi

Julee said...

Oh my word! Thank you so much for writing the encouraging words on my blog. I feel so guilty about my pain because the pain you have gone through is so much worse! I have been a blog lurker for while, coming from Jennifer's blog. My boss Julie Keeran also worked at Outback with your husband. We randomly figured that out one day at work while blog stalking! Anyway thank you so much for taking the time to comment and I will continue to pray for you as I have since I started reading your blog!

Julee said...

Sarah... The thought never crossed my mind that you were saying your pain was worse than mine. I took everything you said as encouragement and I truly appreciate your thoughts and prayers! You right, nothing anyone can say can ease the pain but it is nice to know that I am not alone of the journey of infertility! Thanks for being so open and for your kind words!

OliviaK said...

Amen Sister.
Lots of Love.