Sunday, May 9, 2010

My First Mother's Day

This is one of those holiday's that I've dreaded since Weslee went to Heaven. I must admit that the anticipation of the actual day(s) is always the worst. Saturday I was so proud to receive two mother's day cards in the mail!! Thank you to mammaw Grant & mom for making my first mother's day special!! Saturday morning I went with my mom & sister to a brunch the ladies had at our church. While waiting for everything to begin I checked my e-mail on my phone. I was not prepared for the e-mail I receieved from my mother-in-law, Mary Ann. Her words felt like she was wrapping her arms around me, she'll never know how much her words meant to me. When I woke up this morning and started my normal routine, I was surprised to see a rose and card sitting on the kitchen counter. Ben must've put it out after I went to bed.. the following is what it said: (for some reason I can't get it to rotate)





Amber had to leave church today because she wasn't feeling well.. this pregnancy has been hard on her, a lot of nausea and fatigue. Everyone is saying that since she had none of these symptoms with Laci & Megan that it's a boy. How fun would that be?? When I took the girls home after we ate lunch Amber had a card waiting on me.. it means so much to me that with her busy schedule, two crazy girls, being sick 24/7 she still took the time to make my day special.

Although this day brings sadness to a lot of people I am reminded of how truly blessed I am... I am very fortunate to have the support system that I do.

Happy Mother's day to my mom and MIL - Ben & I hope you know how much you mean to us!! Your love and support for us is unconditional, it means the world!!

1 comment:

Two Girls and a Guy! said...

Happy Mothers Day my friend. Love you lots and its amazing what God lets us have here on earth if even for a little while. Its an honor to have him give us children isnt it? I hope the day was filled with wonderful memories and happiness for Weslee who is rejoicing with the Lord at how special her mother is!