Thursday, December 15, 2011

may your days be merry and bright

I love to decorate for Christmas, it's good for my heart I find!!  I always start right after Halloween which drives Ben nuts :) He was embarrassed to put up our front door decor when all of our neighbors still had their pumpkins and mums out.. here is a small glimpse of my happy place!!
 our beautiful tree that my sister so graciously decorates for us, I love it!!
she, my sister Amber is so creative!!
the mantle with our stockings.. me, Ben, & Weslee's - I wish you could see Weslee's up close, there's a diamond crown on the corner that's gorgeous!!  We tell Avery (our dog) that the pink stocking is hers.. it might as well be, she's treated better than most humans!!
I couldn't get a great picture, but this is our entry way that my sister too decorated.  It's beautiful in person!!
 again, not a great picture but I love the simplicity of these trees with only lights on them.. these are in our entry way as well
the kitchen table..
front door, decorated by my sister
I got this wreath for a huge deal at an after Christmas sale, along with the red & green ribbon.  I still love it!!
my sis & brother-in-law got us these gnomes a few years ago for Christmas, I keep them out year round!!
Christmas flag we have by the mail box
my new favorite Christmas picture that my mother-in-law, Mary Ann painted herself!!  She made one for me, mom, Amber, & Hannah..
aren't they amazing???
my most special Christmas tree.. we call this, "Weslee's tree" she went to be with Jesus on October 24, 2009 so you can imagine how hard the holidays were for us, and still are unfortunately.. I decided I wanted to have a tree just for her and we've put it up every year since.  there are some special ornaments on the tree, some from family & friends and a few things we got to bring home from the hospital.
bittersweet.
Mary Ann got us this hand painted ornament that matches her tree, it stands alone!!  The ultrasound picture is my favorite we have, her perfectly formed long leg!! 

Christmas is my all time favorite time of the year!!  I love all the family get togethers, buying gifts, especially for my nieces, celebrating the true meaning CHRISTmas, decorating, time off, and this year Ben graduating from RN school!! 

When people ask me how I'm doing I usually reply with, "I can't complain.. well I could but I wont" We've been through many trials over the past few years that I often question where it went wrong or could of done things differently??  I think I will have these questions forever.. while I could complain I chose not to.  Ben and I truly have so much to be thankful for!!  We are embarking on another Christmas with empty arms but we have a peace with it for the most part.  Some days are better than others.. it's with friends, family, & our faith that gets us through each season. 

Merry Christmas from our family to yours!!

1 comment:

The Williams' said...

Your house looks fab and I need to see you soon! I miss you and hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas!!