Monday, December 5, 2011

THANKSGIVING 2011

I realize it's now December but I wanted to document these memories.  Thanksgiving for us started off with a big country breakfast at the Grant farm.  We started this tradition a few years ago and it's become one of my favorites!!  It still seems surreal that papaw Grant is not here with us physically, every memory I have of the farm has him in it.. papaws burn barrel was going strong, bittersweet.
I did not get my camera out because I was too busy riding 4-wheelers, playing with the goats, riding Cowboy (the horse), chasing the girls, loving on all the animals, and eating!!  I can't wait for Christmas at the farm, it's my all time favorite get together!!!!!

Thanksgiving night the Mizell's invited not only Ben and myself but my whole family to their dinner for the second year in a row.  It's always a riot when our families get together, we love to eat, chat, and laugh!!

 Mary Ann always decorates her dining room table so festive
additional dining table
 Mary Ann, Robin, Grammy, Laci, Hannah, mom, & Am
Megan and Trent.. I'm sure they're looking at pictures of deer that he has killed.  They share a love of hunting!!
 Ben and his beautiful sister Katherine
 of course the girls got prizes from Mary Ann & Phil
Brynnie & Auntie
 Apparently Phil and I put a few too many marshmallows on the sweet potato casserole (notice the fire below) this was followed by the smoke alarms going off :)
 some of the yummy (fat free of course) food
Hannah, crazy blue eyed Laci, & Amber
 Brynn & Nonny
me on clean up duty which I thoroughly enjoy.. really I have a fascination with cleaning..

Thank you Phil, Mary Ann, & the whole Mizell family for inviting the Griswolds, I mean Grants to your Thanksgiving celebration!!

Ben and I have so much to be thankful for.. at the same time we have heavy hearts for the ones who are no longer with us.  I try not to dwell on what or who's missing but cherish the ones we have and the memories we're making.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: