Saturday, November 14, 2009

God is good, all the time!!

THE POWER OF PRAYER

A few Sundays ago our church had some cards on the stage with the names of all the students going on the the youths fall retreat the following weekend. The point of these cards is for people to pick up one or two and promise to pray for that student.......

My sister and I went to watch the Benton Jr. High cheerleaders and drill team perform @ one of their home basketball games. We were talking with our friend Luke and he had some buddies with him. I heard them behind me talking about fall retreat.. I only knew one of the other guys but if you know me you know I've never met a stranger so I decided to ask if they all went... 3/4 boys went, I then proceeded to ask if they had a good time... One responded, "yea" the other said, "I GOT SAVED!!" Not only did he say it but he said it proudly!! I asked what his name was and introduced myself and told him how excited I was for him!! A few minutes later I told my sister (who was sitting below us) about our new brother in Christ.. I told her what his name was and introduced them... a few seconds later her face lit up because this particular guy was the card she picked up and had been praying for!! (He moved here earlier this year and we did not know him) How amazing is it to see first hand a prayer request be answered!!

5 comments:

Shelli Robertson said...

that's awesome..I love seeing how God works!! It always amazes me. Still praying for you guys and think about you often.

Lilly, Reid, Matt, and Sara said...

Great story! I love when we are able to see God in action. Thanks for sharing. Still praying (c:

OliviaK said...

Trey!
He's my boyfriend.

Lilly, Reid, Matt, and Sara said...

Hey! I left an award for you on my blog! (c: I had actually chose you for an award before, but when I came to tell you about it was when all of the stuff with Weslee was happening and I just thought it was bad timing...so I wanted you to have this one. (c:

The Pifer's said...

I found your blog through Kelly's Korner! I just wanted to you know your family is in my prayers!!!

GOD IS AWESOME!!!

Love, Hugs and Prayers--
Tiffany