Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Memorial Service

I always enjoy getting mail addressed to me that I'm not expecting.. a few days ago I received something addressed to me from Baptist Health. The following is what I read...

SHARE MEMORIAL SERVICE

Dear Parents,

You are invited to join us Sunday, October 24, 2010, at 3:00 pm for a memorial service held in remembrance of those babies who have died due to miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy, stillborn, or a neonatal death.

Nothing could of prepared me for this particular piece of mail.. Not only did it bring raw emotions to the surface but the day of the memorial will be exactly one year to the day I delivered Weslee.. what are the odds??

On this day it will be a time to remember, to name, and to honor the children with prayers, music, and fellowship. There will be a balloon release and refreshments.. They welcome friends and family.



I realize I will have reminders of our first born for the rest of my life.. Yes I am still saddened, hurt, some days angry and selfish that Weslee is not here with us. At the same time I am grateful to God that he allowed us to get pregnant, that we were blessed with a baby girl, and that she's in a better place. I believe throughout every situation in life God is trying to teach us something.. I've said many times that there are many days I have to search for the positives or what God is trying to show me but they're there.. it may not be what I have in mind but it's God's will and I trust in that.

Ben and I will forever be Weslee's parents and tell her story.. we're embracing each day we have and looking forward to the future. We still have many blank pages in our future to fill up!!

It means the world to me that there are SHARE counselors that put together memorial services for parents like us. I think of my daughter every day and her memory will always be fresh.. it seems the world keeps going all around us and her memory slips away from others.. of course this is natural and normal, how many times have I walked passed someone or talked about myself instead of thinking of others.. I obviously have a new appreciation for pregnancy and infant loss. It's with FAITH, counselors, friends & family that help make each brighter.

1 comment:

Lilly, Reid, Matt, and Sara said...

Glad there is an opportunity to honor her and her memory. I still think about you guys and Weslee daily...we haven't forgotten. Praying for strength and peace!