Thursday, January 7, 2010

friendly reminder.....

When I found out I was pregnant one of the first things I did was sign up for What to Expect When You're Expecting e-mails... they send you weekly updates w/ what your baby is up to that week. Of course I unsubscribed to those e-mails as soon as I delivered Weslee. During my surgery yesterday morning (I work for a plastic surgeon) I heard my phone ding that I had a new e-mail... I was not ready for what I was about to open. For some reason I had been sent a "32 week reminder." It's hard to stomach that this week I would be 32 weeks pregnant with our baby girl, 32 weeks!!!! We would be preparing for the final days until she arrived..... so many things go through my mind, all the what ifs........ As much as my heart breaks for what we will never have on this physical earth I am blessed beyond belief @ what her 20 weeks in my belly meant to me & my family. Not a day goes by that I don't think about her, seeing her long legs, her daddy's nose, & my family loving on her. She has brought so much goodness out of this tragic situation, for that I am forever grateful!!

2 comments:

Lilly, Reid, Matt, and Sara said...

I am so sorry. That hurt my stomach to think about so I can't imagine how it felt for you. I think it is so inspiring that you can see the good and the blessings even though this situation has been so painful for you. I know that probably isn't very comforting, but I know that you are inspiring others by showing a God-centered attitude during this rough time for you.

On another note, all the pictures in the post below are great but I personally love the ones with your dad in them because he just looks soooo serious! Cracks me up.

Still praying for you, your family, and your grandpa.

Unknown said...

I found your blog through Julee's and just wanted to say I was moved by your story. It brings tears to my eyes reading it but can obviously feel your faith in God. When I read your comment about the email alert, it brought tears. I, too, signed up for alerts as soon as we found out we were expecting last summer; however, I miscarried in July, shortly after. I was due in March too. I truly believe God sent me to "stumble" across your blog to be reminded to continue to have faith in our struggles just as you and your husband have. I called my husband the day I got it and said to him, "can you believe I would be 31 weeks today?" but God is amazing and I just know He will bless your family and ours too :) thank you for being so honest...